“We are using Design Thinking to gain empathy for our customers and help you realize your future through technology so we can help the world run better and improve people's lives.”
- 1 “We are using Design Thinking to gain empathy for our customers and help you realize your future through technology so we can help the world run better and improve people's lives.”
- 2 Design Thinking Process for SuccessFactors Implementation
- 3 Take advantage of People, Process, and Technology
- 4 Want to understand how design thinking can help you in your HR transformation journey?
SAP SE Chief Executive Officer
Design Thinking Process for SuccessFactors Implementation
By definition, the Design Thinking Process refers to the set of cognitive, strategic and practical processes through which the designers and design teams develop design concepts (proposals for new products, buildings, machines, etc.). Many of the key concepts and aspects of design thinking have been identified through studies across different design domains. These studies focus on the importance of design cognition and design activity in both laboratory and natural contexts.
The design thinking process is also associated with prescriptions for the innovation of products and services within the business and social contexts.
As a concept, Design Thinking can be used for practically any problem-solving situation. Traditionally, it has been used extensively in ERP-based projects to enhance user experience. With the emergence of “X” (experience) and “O” (Operational) data, Design Thinking, has been playing an important role in making the convergence of people and human-centered experiences happen.
Hence, the applicability of the Design Thinking principle and practices can and should be widely used for the implementation of SaaS-based solutions like SAP SuccessFactors.
SuccessFactors offers world-class innovations in the talent management space. When HR puts innovation, execution and understanding at the heart of talent management, it becomes a serious facilitator to the overall transformation process.
It then becomes instrumental in offering improved competencies, goals, leadership, succession, performance and team building. HR thus plays a significant role in providing an environment that allows employees to work in a more “strategic and problem-solving” manner.
Take advantage of People, Process, and Technology
Organizations can introduce the concept of Design Thinking to address the following challenges before SAP SuccessFactors implementation begins:
- How to retain talent?
- How to use social tools for people learning?
- How to use effective onboarding to make newer employees more productive quickly after hiring?
- How to create employee bonding and brand creation through social learning and communication channels?
- How to make performance appraisals a feedback mechanism rather than a punitive process?