What is an HRIS? Is it merely a system of records?
- 1 What is an HRIS? Is it merely a system of records?
- 2 HRIS is the foundation of a strong, talent-driven organization
- 3 Flexible Organizational Structure
- 4 HRIS supports both global and Local compliance
- 5 Global benefits management is a game-changer
- 6 SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central is the leading HRIS available in 200 countries
- 7 Recommended Resources
- 7.1 SAP SuccessFactors solutions named a leader in analyst reports
- 7.2 Forrester : SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite Offers Positive Returns For Medium-Sized Companies
- 7.3 Positioning HRIS as the Strategic Hub of Your Organization…
- 7.4 SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central Technical and Functional Specifications
- 7.5 SAP SuccessFactors pre-recorded product demo
- 7.6 SAP SuccessFactors For Small & Midsize Business (SMB) Market
- 8 Get to know Employee Central better
- 9 Want to understand how HRIS can help creating a stronger base for your Talent Management process?
What is Human Resource Information Systems? And what is the significance of Human Resource Information Systems? A thorough understanding of both these aspects of HRIS has becomeessential in this dynamic business and workforce environment. Now is the time to think differently about Human Resource Information Systems.
It is no longer a simple system of records but has become a hub where everything in the organization comes together to transform how to manage our workforce to attain business goals and achieve success. The new HR mandate is moving beyond automating processes, reducing costs, and ensuring compliance and towards building purposeful relationships across the business to create a modern and engaging workplace.
How can you provide a Human Resource Information systems that meet the global needs of your business and engages your workforce?
The modern workforce is a global workforce. Managing a global workforce presents its fair share of challenges, but it also presents an opportunity to attract, engage, and retain talentacross borders using the best in technology.
HRIS is the foundation of a strong, talent-driven organization
Advancement in modern-day technology is helping organizations work effectively and help keep the organization’s information safe and secure. Same is the case with Human Resource Information Systems. HRIS is the latest in technology which deals with analyzing data necessary for the HR department, helping it do its job more effectively.
In an integrated world, Human Resource Information Systems are usually a part of the company’s broader HCM landscape. They help the organization to streamline processes like recruiting, promoting, payroll, employee selection, placement, intake, training projections, career-pathing and productivity evaluation.
Human Resource Information Systems should help HR administrators become more productive and produce reports capable of improving the decision-making process. However, it’s challenging to keep employee data accurate, especially when it is coming from various sources across spreadsheets, in individual documents, even scribbled on sticky notes. Every time you make a change, you realize that you need to update the same information in another place.
However, with SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central Solution, your data lives in one central HR database that communicates with every other feature of the software, including third-party integrations. This structure allows you to enter, update, and check employee records in an instant, ensuring that you don’t have to second-guess your accuracy.
The SAP® SuccessFactors® Employee Central solution is a flexible, global Human Resource Information System that helps you meet the expectations of your people and the needs of your business. It delivers increased workforce productivity, a powerful self-serving technology that provides fast and intuitive access to important tasks across devices.
The people profile functionality within SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central helps you keep track of all the essential HR information, keeping it in line with country-specific requirements for all employees and contingent labor. It uses embedded localization, led by in-country product managers to help ensure compliance, and deploy the best practices to standardize HR processes, across the globe.
Flexible Organizational Structure
As businesses move towards globalization, new business models are challenging conventional organizational structures. As companies become increasingly interconnected, businesses are becoming borderless., and Technology is a significant deterrent that continually disrupts these business models forcing the organizations to become more flexible in terms of accepting global and mobile teams.
In today’s dynamic and unpredictable business environment, it is too risky to rely on almost obsolete organizational structures that were devised over a century ago.
The organizational management functionality within SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central helps you virtually model and visualize your organization.
It makes use of embedded analytics to gain real-time insight into your entire workforce and its position-management functionality supports administrative efficiency across the suite of SAP SuccessFactors solutions.
This system builds the foundation for streamlined recruiting, facilitates succession planning, improves your learning strategies, and allows for better workforce planning. All of this makes SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central a hub for everything related to people and talent in an organization.
HRIS supports both global and Local compliance
Globalization has had a significant impact on HR. In today’s business world, an increasing number of companies are operating in multiple countries as the benefits of aligning more and more aspects of human resources across borders are becoming indisputable.
Today, it is not uncommon to see global organizations transforming many of their HR programs, policies, benefits, and other “offerings” from local to global. Additionally, the rapidly changing global legal business environment is pushing HR compliance to go global as well.
SAP SuccessFactors streamline Human Resource Information Systems with embedded compliance for 84 countries and 42 languages and allows access to global payroll capabilities for 33 countries. SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central utilizes SAP’s expertise in localized solutions is and supports extensive global features for over 90 countries across all industries. The solution’s localization features go beyond simple language translation to include research and analysis of local regulations, managed by local experts. These experts combine their skills with local advisors and government authorities to monitor each country’s laws.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central automatically reflects any regulatory changes, making it easier for you to adapt to local business practices, laws, and statutory reporting requirements. In this way, the solution helps you comply with country-specific requirements without worrying about best practices and legal differences.
Global benefits management is a game-changer
The fast-changing technology, dynamic workforce models, and regulatory complexity are some of the reasons why multinational organizations are seeking a more strategic, centralized, and agile global benefits management approach.
The main advantage of global benefits management is to bring together expertise and experience within and outside the company to manage benefits administration processes for an entire organization.
However, global benefits executives face a range of challenges including delivering benefits in diverse environments and cultures, offering competitive benefits programs to help retain employees, controlling costs and streamlining administration.
The right HR solution can relieve your HR team from the time-consuming task of benefits administration. SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central helps you automate the management of global benefits throughout your organization, spanning business processes, employee eligibility criteria, and post-enrollment workflows.
SuccessFactors global benefits functionality makes it simpler for employees to access, edit, and learn about their benefits, including reimbursements and allowances, pensions, and insurance plans. The key is to make these processes intuitive, so employees can accomplish their tasks and move on quicker.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central is the leading HRIS available in 200 countries
SuccessFactors Employee Central is consumer-grade employee experience, a single global HRIS platform, with consistent and standardized HR processes focused on the entire workforce (including dedicated support for contingent labor and apprentices). Some of the other significant benefits include :
- Position Management: Employee Central Position Management is a flexible tool that allows organizations to track the number, type, and cost of positions in the organizations instead of just tracking the number of people.
- EC Time Management: Employee Central Time Management application helps Organizations manage their workforce around the globe on a single platform. It supports compliance with corporate agreements, collective agreements, and local law wherever they operate.
- People Analytics (Embedded Analytics and Dashboards): SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central gives you visibility into your entire workforce. It provides a holistic insight that supports better decisionmaking for both HR and management based on data-driven insights and helps you keep your finger on the organization’s pulse.
- SAP SuccessFactors Extensibility: SAP SuccessFactors offers two options. One is an SAP Cloud Platform that allows organizations to extend SAP SuccessFactors functionality with new apps built by them or their partners. These apps integrate natively with SAP SuccessFactors. The other is the SAP SuccessFactors Extension Center which enables organizations to create new extensions without the need to code.
- Integration Center: Prebuilt integrations with other solutions from both SAP and its leading partners to accelerate and simplify processes.
- Employee Self Service: True self-service to support automation, improve data quality, and elevate HR service delivery with efficient, real-time processes.
- SAP SuccessFactors Mobile: SAP SuccessFactors Mobile app effortlessly engages employees with HR processes enabling them to complete tasks quickly, using a device that they always have in handy. The result is faster HR workflows and improved productivity.